Thursday, September 26, 2013

Frugal Craft: Homemade Noisemakers

Hey, guess what? My husband's Mountain Dew addiction finally came in handy! He's very happy to hear that.

I found this activity in an old Highlights magazine. I mean, the magazine is from 1991, y'all. But I knew my kids would love this activity, and love it they did!

Wash and dry aluminum soft drink cans. Place 15-20 dried beans in each can, and cover the opening with tape.

Cover the cans completely with aluminum foil. Decorate with paper cutouts. Shake the cans to make noise.







We loved this! It's easy for the kids to do by themselves and noisy, so what could be better?! My hubby did point out that the aluminum foil could cut someone if there is a sharp edge. They didn't care about that kind of stuff in 1991. Kids were hardcore back then. Anyway, we loved doing this together and I wouldn't be surprised if we do it again in the future!

No comments: